Friday, July 25, 2008

Vision

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not yet seen.
~
Walking through the Guangyang secondary school gate, I felt like it is be my last time walking through it with it's uniform. With a deep breath of a feeling akin to anxiety and excitement, I ran down the incline slope down towards the lockers and up into the hall. I see Joy, she is screaming and jumping, I see him smiling and laughing then I see Miss Aljunied, she says, "Sae, there is no other teacher that can feel any prouder than me right now, you have made me extremely proud!". I look at the piece of beautiful laminated and officiated paper. What I saw almost literally embossed towards me.


English Language A1
Chinese Language A1
Elementary Mathematics A1
Science (Physics and Chemistry) A1
Biology A1
Humanities (Social Studies and History) A1


Total number of points : 6
Number of "O" level examinations sat for : 1
Allocated Junior College : Anglo Chinese Junior College


I fell down on my knees in disbelief and amazement, falling to the floor crying, all the precious people in my life embraced me with the purest joy I've ever felt. It wa so much joy that it emanated out of my heart right to the pores of my skin.

Then suddenly when I open my eyes amidst the joyful yet messy face, I see the people hugging me were no longer those that I know, but instead are the students of Anglo Chinese Junior College, my orientation mates in ACJC orientation camp 2009. I looked at all of them, then unwittingly manifested into a brilliant smile brimming with exuberance. This joy I felt was a joy that I've never felt before in my life. It was like a magnificent tempest rushing forth from the depth of my soul. Tears of tamed hysteria beaded my face with droplets of warmth and I stared at all these people again at disbelief. Qixian, Springsfield, Joy, and many more ACSians whom I know but not yet their names smiled at me with assurance.


I looked down at my body. It was no longer in stripes, it was two pockets, a white shirt with a blue inner collar and on that collar was a badge that shone in great grandeur and magnificence. It was the badge of ACS - red, yellow, blue, with the picture of a wyvern; a lion head, dragon body, eagle wings and talons. Then the Lord said, "this is the time of your life, My dear son, the ACSian scholar". Together with all my college mates, we stood together and sang the ACS school anthem together in seamless unity. I was no longer lonely or insecure, I was an ACSian, an ACSian from Anglo Chinese Junior College, Hallelujah!

I was happy, such pure emotion only describable by the simplest word. I was filled with delirious ecstacy, full of friends, no more loneliness or insecurity, no more despair and helplessness. God said, "son, you were and never will be alone, when you lost your only friends and meaning in life, I was with you. when you were crying in despair, grief and pain, My heart and your's are one". I looked into the infinite skies, I turned and took a good look at all my friends again. My heart, the heavens, my spirit and soul then echoed as one to the Anglo Chinese School's everlasting motto - the best is yet to be.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home