Sunday, July 20, 2008

Truth

I'd have already known it very long ago, but I just chose to not acknowledge it. Now, finally, I've forced myself to accept it. The truth will always be the truth and I believe it sets me free. It hurts so much, it's excrutiating, but I know that denial acts like a silent plague, it'd only keep breeding the virus and in the end overwhelm your whole body. Therefore, while I'd have to face tremendous hurt, I have to stop lying to myself or else it gets the better of me in the end.

Now, I'm blessed with a second chance. Another strive for my Jerusalem and another chance to race again. I am sad to say, I did not pass the audition. But then, in midst of all the difficulty in coming terms with the truth and all my tear-filled prayers, I was given a second chance. A second shot of faith, another race of hope, another leap for Jerusalem. And this time, with the second chance, I'm not letting it go so easily anymore.

I dare say I sacrificed and worked to my maximum for the previous audition. But I know that through God, I have got no limit to progress. This time, I can only work harder, much harder, and display my passion for all to see. My dreams, they never die.


Once again, I'd like to repeat the Sae I see everyday.

I see Sae taking the train to Buona Vista. I see Sae walking to school. I see Sae at the gate of Jerusalem. The wall emblazoned with the name, "Anglo Chinese Junior College", which almost shines in magnification of the badge worn on Sae's collar - "ACS". He holds his instrument case in his hand, joining the band, playing together with the AC Saxes, he shows that he is no longer inadequate, he shows that he is a true ACSian, the ACSian who lives for ACS, a rightful member of the ACS band. He looks up at the sky, he tells himself, "this is no longer a dream. Sae-Israel belongs to ACJC, he is an ACSian. Kissing his cross and saying a silent prayer of thankfulness, he enters the wholesome new life of an ACSian.

I do not believe I am inadequate, I'm only afraid that I'm powerful beyond imagination.

I am a child of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home